Thursday, January 10, 2013

It's all about me me me

File:Narcissus-Caravaggio (1594-96).jpgHere is an interesting article by Dr Keith Ablow about how we are raising a generation of deluded narcissists.  It may be getting worse, but I think the beginnings go back several generations.  Here is an excerpt from the article that talks about something I have personally witnessed.

On Facebook, young people can fool themselves into thinking they have hundreds or thousands of “friends.” They can delete unflattering comments. They can block anyone who disagrees with them or pokes holes in their inflated self-esteem. They can choose to show the world only flattering, sexy or funny photographs of themselves (dozens of albums full, by the way), “speak” in pithy short posts and publicly connect to movie stars and professional athletes and musicians they “like.”

No comments: