Monday, November 03, 2008

Vienna

It has been over 30 years since Billy Joel released "The Stranger" album. It has always been in my top 10 list of favorite albums. It is one of the few albums I have listened to where I like each song on the album. One of my favorite songs on the album, if you haven't already guessed, is "Vienna." I am not sure if there is a Christian lesson in there, but there is a lesson there about living. I found this on YouTube...the quality of the graphics isn't that great, but Enjoy!



2 comments:

Joel Brueseke said...

Funny... I was just looking at another video today called Vienna, but it was by Ultravox. :)

The Stranger is a great album. Lately I've been hearing Movin' Out on the radio a lot (local station playing songs from the 70's and 80's). I really love Just The Way You Are as well.

Jamie said...

Love, love, love The Stranger!!! The new boxed CD/DVD set is marvelous.

Vienna is a very special song for our family as we gave the The Stranger CD to a young man with Vienna in mind for "his song." "Slow down, you crazy child..." Unfortunately, he was killed in an auto accident that summer. Very bittersweet memories. But that is still his song. :)